Sometimes I am asked what it is about running that I love so much. I always pause, taken back by the question, as if I am being asked why I love my family, or my friends. When really..
I just do.
When i think of the question, "why do you love running?" i realize there are so many reasons why i love running. All depending on my mood, the mileage, my body, how much sleep i got, what i had ate that day, the weather, and many other things.
There is something about running that takes you from jumbled thoughts that scramble through our brains a million times per minute to nothing but a clear open mind. It sounds silly, but I love when I hit that point in a long run in which the thoughts just shut off. I'm just me, just running, just putting one foot in front of the other. I'm not thinking about school, or people that made me mad that day, or the thousand things that need to get done like homework that never ends, or anything. I'm just running..
And i love it.
Thump, thump, thump, my feet hit the ground and im off. Running down the road. Thump, thump, thump, i hear the birds singing, thump, thunp, i see the trees swaying in the wind. Thump, thump, nothing fills my mind besides the beautiful earth around me. I just take a breath of the fresh air and keep on running. It's so nice to think about nothing just for once. Everyone just gets way to flustered with their busy lives! Having about a million things to worry, then i go for a run and it all just disapears...
It's the most amazing feeling, it's like your at peace with everything.No one telling you what to do, where to go, or anything. Just me and the world. Nothing at all that i have to do except, pump my arms, and keep my legs going.
So if you ask me why i love running, i may tell you about how i can clear my head, i may tell you about how after i get done i feel fulling charged and can take on the world, or i may also tell you to try going on a run yourself. I know it sounds like a complete waste of time, or like to much work to even handle. But really just going on a run your own pace, all your thoughts just melting away and taking time to see the world for what it really is, you will truly see just why...
i love running.

This is probably one of the best descriptions of how someone can love running as much as you do. This makes me want to stand up, go outside, and run ten miles. But unfortunately, I'm not a runner and could only make it about two! (:
ReplyDeleteI like this comment because it shows the passion of running and how I can compare I really like this Bailey
ReplyDelete