2010. It's been a decade since the turn of the millennium. Seems like it had been such a long time, yet so quick time flies. For me, these 10 years have been very meaningful. Standing at the end of 2010 looking back at the start of 2000, I don't think I have the vocabulary to fully describe the experience. As I run through the ten years, a lot has changed with me, i have turned from a child too a young adult, yet I feel like I am only beginning to understand what life really is. I am only starting to grasp all that ten years worth of stuff life's been throwing at me. In ten years, I have witnessed so many changes in and around me, I still can't quite fully take it all in.
I stepped into 2000 a young girl scared for my first year of school, and stepped out of 2010 still a student and still scared of what my future holds.
I stepped into 2000 with friends, our biggest fights being about who stole whose crayons, and stepped out of 2010 with friends, and our everyday unneeded dramma..
I stepped into 2000 immature, excited and curious about my new life as a student, and stepped out of 2010 a little wiser, more mature and wishing to relive the days of naps, finger painting, and no judging of others.
If you were asked to describe the last ten years of your life, what would instantly come to mind? The laughters and happy times, the tears and sad times, the anger and frustrating times, the fear and despairing times... these emotions, they link to the things I have done or experienced that are particularly memorable. So I look back at the 20 most memorable experiences of my 2010 and this is what my list is like:
1.Turning 16, being able to drive, being free to go where i want, when i want, and not have to rely on others to get me there.
2.meeting all my new friends at my new school.
3. welcomed my new baby sister, laynee to world on November 25.
4. got my first car, a ford explorer.
5. Climbed New Mexico's tallest mountain, wheelers peak, all the way to the top.
6. Started my sophomore year of high school.
7. Traveled to Texas, what i do every summer, but is always worth it.
8. went to Chicago for the 3rd time.
9.Flew in an airplane, which i've done countless times, but i love flying.
10. met my amazing best friend, that i can tell anything too.
11.went too stay with my cousin for three weeks.
12. Ran a new PR (personal record) in cross country, 15:15
13.Went kayaking.
14. Met a boy and fell for him
15. got my heart broke by the same boy
16. Had a taste of heartache.
17. Broken some treasured friendships.
18. Rediscovered old friendships.
19. discovered the joy of laughter with many friends who made much difference in my life.
20. Grew closer to 2011, to start the next amazing, terrifying, stressful, yet wonderful, decade of my incredible life.
Here's to a wonderful 2010 and a promising 2011.
Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment